“Windshield insurance is coverage that pays to repair or replace a car’s windshield after it’s damaged. Windshield insurance coverage is usually included in a collision or comprehensive insurance policy, though some states also require insurance companies to sell separate “full glass” repair coverage.
- If you don’t have collision insurance, comprehensive coverage, or full glass repair coverage, your insurance won’t pay for windshield damage.
- If you’re in an accident that isn’t your fault, the other driver’s liability insurance will pay to repair or replace your windshield.
- Your windshield will need to be completely replaced if the damage is significant and poses a safety risk.
- Most insurance companies will waive your comprehensive deductible if the windshield only needs to be repaired.
- In order to get your deductible waived for windshield replacement, you need to have full glass coverage or live in a state without glass deductibles.”
Read these tips here.
Filling out an auto glass claim shouldn’t be a difficult process. Providing you have the appropriate coverage, you have the right to select your own repair facility. If you speak to your insurance carrier before calling a repair shop you should let the agent know right away the facility you’ve chosen.
The team at Advantage Auto Glass makes the insurance claim process hassle-free. Our trained professionals are ready to assist with your claim and will contact your insurer today. If you need auto glass service, call us at 612-343-8984 to set up an appointment and we will take care of the rest!